AZAMARA® UNITES LOYALTY MEMBERS FOR FIRST EVER LOYALTY PROGRAM CRUISE
President and CEO Larry Pimentel Joins Members for Special Events and Exclusive Destination Immersive Excursions During 10-night Arabian Gulf and Emirates Voyage
MIAMI, FL September 7, 2016 – Calling all Azamara’s Loyalty members! A series of special experiences have been unveiled for all loyalty members sailing on the October 24 through November 3 (10-night) Arabian Gulf and Emirates voyage.
The 2016 Loyalty cruise itinerary affords guests to experience Dubai’s over-the-top opulence at the Burj Al Arab hotel (through Azamara Shore Excursions), the Gold Souk and the world’s tallest building – Burj Khalifa. From riding deep into the fjords of the Musandam Peninsula and sipping tea in Muscat at the elegant Al Bustan Palace Hotel (through Azamara Shore Excursions) to off roading in the desert and visiting the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (an astounding monument that rivals the Taj Mahal), this voyage is one of the line’s most fascinating. Azamara President and CEO will host loyalty members on special Azamara Shore Excursions (at an additional cost) including:
- Cruise Global, Nights Local Series: Best of Bahrain by Night: While in Al Manamah, Bahrain, this tour is an exclusive adventure designed to showcase the visual glory of a kingdom known for its dramatic landscapes and architecture. Guests will capture Bahrain’s landmarks including Al-Fateh Grand Mosque and Bahrain Fort with help from a local photography expert guide.
- Cruise Global, Meet Local Series: Farmhouse Experience: Guests will journey to a private farm just outside Dubai to meet a local family and enjoy a taste of agricultural life in the region. While spending time on this working family farm, guests will taste homemade Emirati dishes after a culinary demo prepared by a family member.
- Abu Dhabi from The Sea Plane: Guests will voyage into the clouds above Abu Dhabi to marvel at the architecturally stunning city. Water takeoffs and landings will bring them to see the Emirates Palace, Yas Marina Circuit, Sheikh Zayed Bridge, the Corniche and more.
- Abu Dhabi 4 X 4: Explore the mystical beauty of the desert surrounding Abu Dhabi with a ride out into Al Khatim Desert escorted by a safari marshal. Once there, guests will ride a camel and try sand boarding.
- Azamara Private Journey, A Presidential Discovery of Qatar: In Doha, Qatar, climb into a 4x4 for a rollercoaster ride over the Arabian dunes to the inland sea of Khor Al Adeid. Enjoy a traditional barbeque lunch at an exquisite desert camp bordering the Arabian Gulf and explore the Msheireb Museum, a collection of historic homes in the oldest quarter of the capital city.
- Overland Bedouin Event Tour – From the port in Muscat, Oman, disembark the ship to spend an unforgettable night amid the sands of Oman in a Bedouin-style camp, complete with an off-road expedition to Wadi Arabayeen. Guests spend the night in a luxurious desert camp with Bedouin-style camps and Arab barbecue and then visit a Bedouin family, try dune-bashing and ride a camel.
“I absolutely love what I do and being on our ships with our loyal guests is my favorite part of this job. It’s so fulfilling to see the hard work we do in the office pay off. Spending time onboard with our crew and then on land experiencing all of the destination immersive programming we develop is pure joy. And, to be able to share those experiences with our guests is not only rewarding but educational. It inspires us to continue to evolve the offerings and programs we bring to life on Azamara,” says Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara.
For more information, travelers can call their travel professional, dial 1-877-999-9553. Connect with Azamara on Facebook, on Twitter, or follow President and CEO @LarryPimentel. Travel agent professionals can access more information and make reservations at www.CruisingPower.com.
Azamara is a brand of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL), a global cruise vacation company that also owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, and CDF Croisières de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture. Together, the six brands operate a combined total of 47 ships with 12 under construction. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 460 destinations on all seven continents.