AZAMARA EXTENDS GLOBAL CRUISING SUSPENSION
The Australian Government recently announced an extension to their current suspension of cruise tourism in the region. In response to this decision, Azamara will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings aboard Azamara Pursuit, departing between November 1st and December 31st, 2020.
As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. With the goal of a healthy return to service in mind, Azamara, as part of the Royal Caribbean Group, has assembled a “Healthy Sail Panel” of globally recognized experts, who are working alongside our public health and medical team, to guide the cruise industry’s way forward in response to the pandemic
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before April 30, 2023.
- This amount will be based on total cruise fare paid.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be issued by October 16, 2020 via email.
- If you have purchased pre- or post-land packages through Azamara, you will also receive compensation in the same form as your cruise fare.
- If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.
- Visit our online form to submit your FCC request.
- Lift and Shift: Or, you can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a 2021 or January to March 2022 sailing within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- Call Azamara by September 28th, 2020 to move the reservation at the same rate and promotion.
- If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue a Future Cruise Credit.
- Visit our online form to submit your Lift and Shift request.
- Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. You have until the end of this year (2020) to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.
- We will initially send you the 125% Future Cruise Credit Certificate by October 16, 2020. You have until December 31, 2020 to request a refund. We will then deactivate your certificate.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
- Visit our online form to submit your refund request.
If you have booked Shore Excursions through Azamara, you can opt to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Shore Excursion purchases on the reservation.
- Visit our shore excursions onboard credit opt-in form by September 28th, 2020, to request the higher value credit. We will email you the credit by October 16.
- If you have opted for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift, you are not eligible for this Voyage Planner Onboard Credit offer.
- This offer does not apply to other pre-purchased amenities and packages – like beverage, internet or specialty dining, or Azamara Upgrade, which will be automatically refunded.
- If you have independent arrangements, we suggest you cancel them directly with your travel advisor or service provider who can give you additional guidance.
GUESTS WITH AIR & HOTEL BOOKINGS
Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Azamara will be refunded automatically. Guests with non-refundable air through Azamara or independent air and hotel arrangements need to contact their travel advisor or appropriate travel provider directly to make all required cancellations. As a reminder, due to the current situation, airlines are being flexible with flight changes and the waiving of fees.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately for more details specific to your country of residence or visit our Contact Us page for your local Azamara call center number.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation.
DEADLINES FROM PREVIOUS SUSPENSIONS
The same compensation offers as listed above apply.
|Sailings between:||Future Cruise Credit - Expect to Receive:|
|1-Nov to 31-Dec||16-Oct-2020|
|Sailings between:||Lift and Shift Bookings - Contact us by:|
|12-Jun to 31-Jul||Eligibility Expired|
|1-Aug to 15-Sep||Eligibility Expired|
|16-Sep to 30-Sep||Eligibility Expired|
|1-Nov to 31-Dec||28-Sep-2020|
|Sailings between:||Refunds - Request by:|
|12-Jun to 31-Jul||31-Dec-2020|
|1-Aug to 15-Sep||31-Dec-2020|
|1-Nov to 3-Dec||31-Dec-2020|
GLOBAL SUSPENSION REFUND DELAY
As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days from the date requested. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored, and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Introducing our Healthy Sail Panel
Introducing Azamara's Healthy Sail Panel — a team of cross-disciplinary experts enlisted to guide the cruise industry’s way forward in response to COVID-19. Comprised of globally recognized specialists in public health, infectious diseases, hospitality and maritime operations, the panel will ensure a science-backed plan for a healthy return to service that ensures the wellbeing of our guests and crew as well as the communities we visit.