Artisanal Discoveries Inspire Shopping Experience Aboard Azamara’s Newest Ship
Starboard Cruise Services Locally Sources One-Of-A-Kind, Special Editions from Destination Makers and Artists
MIAMI (May 18, 2022) – Azamara, the upmarket cruise line and leader in Destination Immersion® experiences – unveiled a highly curated artisan shopping experience on Azamara Onward with leading global retailer at sea, Starboard Cruise Services, a LVMH Moët Hennessy company. The destination-tailored retail program caters to the cruise line’s well-traveled guests with craftsmanship brands, curated boutiques, and exclusive bespoke experiences. Azamara Onward welcomed its first guests on May 2, 2022, for its inaugural European summer cruise.
“Destination immersion has always been our main priority at Azamara, and we are constantly looking for opportunities to provide our guests with a connection to local culture and crafts in each destination,” says Azamara President, Carol Cabezas. “Across our fleet, Starboard’s cultural shopping concepts and highly curated retail offerings have elevated our immersive sailing and strengthened our standard for destination immersion across our whole guest experience."
Treasured Cultural Mementos
Aligned with Azamara’s immersive itineraries, Onward delivers an in-depth look into the world’s most hidden gems and storied cities through a lens of authentic artisanal goods mixed with resort wear, handbags, jewelry, travel accessories, gifts and more. The Mediterranean inaugural season will introduce new offerings, including fragrances, home décor and food locally sourced from Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Italy. Loyal cruisers can shop a ready-to-wear logo collection designed with subtle nods to Azamara’s awe-inspiring destinations.
“Our Luxury Division designed an exclusive program full of memorable encounters with rare glimpses into local artisan studios,” says Lisa Bauer, Starboard’s President and CEO. “The off-the-beaten-path experiences are complemented with hard-to-find worldly pieces discerning guests can treasure as a symbol of their wanderlust and a journey to be remembered for a lifetime.”
Destination-focused offerings will feature:
- Hermina Athens, curated assortment of timeless jewelry influenced by a rich heritage rooted in Greek mythology and art.
- Zahati, a family-owned lifestyle brand offering a wide range of products since 1920. Braided accessories are made by hand and created exclusively with vegetable fibers.
- JMonteiro Milano, 100% handcrafted Italian resort wear and fully customized timeless pieces.
- Caroline de Benoist, fine jewelry from France echoing the colorful and refined worlds of Indonesia and India with special curated stones.
- Greekazon gift sets, celebrating Greek community and culture.
- Popolo, a French brand with an Italian heart, curating collections of handmade Italian ceramics overflowing with bright colors and personality.
- Pitusa, a female-led brand placing an emphasis on luxurious fabrics sourced from around the world.
Guests will soak in even more from their Azamara Mediterranean cruise when exploring a series of signature experiences being developed exclusively for Azamara by Starboard’s Luxury Division. Whether they take place onboard the ship or in ports-of-call, guests will have the opportunity to immerse themselves even further into the culture by engaging with local artisans. Planned limited time experiences include engaging with an artist from Atelier Charlotte Bourrus as they create one of a kind, French and Italian universes in glass globes; creating personalized candles and homes fragrances with Rose et Marius; and seeing how tradition and modernity get woven together with handcrafted bags from Heimat Atlantica in Spain.