Explore in comfort with Accessible Shore Excursions
Immerse yourself in our destinations with accessible shore excursions–unique cultural experiences that accommodate scooters, wheelchairs, walkers and more. With you in mind, we sought out the most accessible tours from reputable, independent local operators.
At Azamara, we are always excited to cultivate the best experiences possible—both onboard and on land—for each of our guests on every voyage.
Accessible shore excursions reveal the authentic culture of several of our ports for wheelchair users or guests with mobility challenges. We’re ready to provide comfortable, accessible transportation and knowledgeable guides to meet your needs.
Fill out the form below to reserve space now. If you have questions, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
A few things to keep in mind
- Accessible shore excursions are classified in two levels:
- Level I shore excursions
Guests who are able to walk short distances, can negotiate motor coach steps and travel with a standard manual collapsible wheelchair or a folding cane are classified under this category. Most of these tours can accommodate a manual collapsible wheelchair or a folding cane as long as guests can negotiate coach steps to access the vehicle.
Guests traveling with a collapsible scooter must submit their collapsible scooter information to [email protected] so we may further inquire with the tour operator if the collapsible scooter dimensions provided can be accommodated.
It is strongly recommended that our limited mobility guests travel with an able bodied companion in order to assist with the loading/unloading of the wheelchair/scooter.
**Please be advised that not all motorized scooters/wheelchairs can be accommodated due to the size and weight.
- Level II shore excursions
Guests who are unable to walk short distances, cannot negotiate motor coach steps and who travel with a non-collapsible wheelchair/scooter.
**Please be advised that most of the motor coaches and/or transportation used for Shore Excursions are not equipped with ramps and/or lifts. In turn, private arrangements via private accessible vehicles (with ramp or lift) are suggested and may be available in some ports and at an additional cost.
- Level I shore excursions
- Please note that Accessible shore excursions are only offered in certain destinations.
- Accessible shore excursions are designed for guests who are unable to walk or negotiate motor coach steps. These guests have priority when reserving Accessible shore excursions due to limited space.
- Otherwise, reservations are confirmed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- An able-bodied person should accompany a full-time wheelchair user at all times during shore excursions.
- Staff is not allowed to lift or assist a guest in or out of a vehicle.
- Vehicles, ramps and lifts may vary depending upon the port and availability.
- Guests must be seated on wheelchair or scooter at all times to use ramps and lifts.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and guidelines do not apply outside of the United States.
- Private Arrangements may be available in ports without Accessible shore excursions.
- We strongly recommend Accessible shore excursions requests be received at least 10 business days prior to departure.