The independent cruise line’s South Africa and South America voyages are already seeing high demand, with most voyages close to sold out
MIAMI, November 7, 2022: Azamara – the upmarket cruise line and leader in Destination Immersion® experiences – is marking its return to South Africa and South America this fall, for the first time since early 2020. To celebrate this long-awaited return, Azamara Journey® will embark on six back-to-back South Africa Intensive voyages, while Azamara Pursuit® cruises along South America’s most picturesque coasts, including a stop in Rio de Janeiro just in time to partake in Brazil’s famed Carnival festivities. Azamara’s South America itineraries will also ply the waters of the Antarctic Peninsula, as well as the picturesque Beagle Channel and the famed Strait of Magellan, with stops in the remote Falkland Islands.
“With the travel and cruising industries continuing to take significant steps forward, we are thrilled to bring our guests deeper to explore even more hidden gems of the world on our four ships,” said Michael Pawlus, Azamara’s Director of Strategic Itinerary & Destination Planning. “Both South Africa and many South American countries are bucket-list travel destinations for travelers, and we look forward to our guests discovering the rich culture and local life of these unique destinations with Azamara.”
Azamara Journey® will return to Cape Town, South Africa, on December 20, 2022, to conclude the ship’s 21-Night Western Africa Voyage. Azamara Pursuit® will return to South America on the 16-Night Portuguese Pursuit Voyage, departing from Lisbon on November 30, 2022, and concluding in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil on December 16, 2022.
Highlights of Azamara’s South Africa and South America itineraries include:
- 16-Night Portuguese Pursuit Voyage
- This 16-night voyage marks Azamara’s official return to South America, starting in one of the world’s oldest cities, Lisbon. The voyage offers its first two late stays in the Canary Islands, giving guests the chance to discover the lush beauty of La Palma before arriving in Mindelo, Cape Verde, for two nights to indulge in the local culture and history of the Torre de Belem. After a five-night Atlantic crossing, guests arrive in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil for another late stay, offering the opportunity to dive deeper into Brazilian culture, observe the opulent churches and architecture in Pelourinho, and sample local cuisine before concluding the journey atop Corcovado Mountain in Rio De Janeiro to experience one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Christ the Redeemer.
- 12-Night South Africa Intensive Voyage
- Azamara’s signature, in-demand Country Intensive itinerary encourages guests to explore South Africa at their own pace, with opportunities to discover Addo Elephant National Park in Port Elizabeth, stroll the beaches hidden away in the charming little city of East London, and indulge in the culturally diverse city of Maputo, Mozambique. This particular itinerary also allows golf lovers to add five rounds on some of South Africa’s most luxurious golf courses with Azamara’s exclusive partner and leading provider of international golf vacations, PerryGolf.
- 15-Night Carnival In Rio Voyage
- This 15-night specialty voyage aboard Azamara Pursuit gives guests the opportunity to experience the peak of Rio’s Carnival festivities. The voyage sets sail from Buenos Aires, “The Paris of South America”, and offers an overnight stay in Montevideo, where guests will be swept up in the capital’s undeniable European charm and elegance. Travelers can also enjoy a late stay in the vibrant city of Saw Paola, Brazil, which offers breathtaking views atop the Banespa skyscraper, before venturing into the rainforest of Ilhabela, a lesser-known archipelago off the Southeast coast of Brazil. Then, the celebration begins with one of the most exhilarating and memorable festivals on earth, Carnival, during a two-night stay in Rio De Janeiro. Travelers can partake in traditions dating back to the 1700s, including Fat Tuesday.
To book an Azamara sailing, please visit www.azamara.com.