ONBOARD HEALTH PROTOCOLS
Azamara takes your and our crew’s health and well-being very seriously, which is why there are many protocols and procedures which have been elevated and introduced to ensure we keep everyone onboard healthy including:
- Implementation of travel restrictions preventing guests and crew coming from or transiting through areas of high risk of infection/exposure from boarding a vessel.
- Performing enhanced screening at the embarkation port
- Providing hand sanitizing gel at boarding and throughout the voyage in all public areas and encourage guests to sanitize often.
- Access to a 24-hour medical facility onboard with a doctor and nurses ready to provide medical care.
- Working with our tour operators to sanitize transportation vehicles and provide Purell wipes for all guests.
We are currently laser-focused on additional safety enhancements for our return to service. To develop our future boarding screening process and updated health protocols, we are collaborating with government health authorities, the Cruise Lines International Association, and our own team of medical experts. These are not yet finalized, but when they are, we will be sure to let you and your Travel Advisor know via email.
We know that our 70+ guests and those with chronic conditions are especially eager to understand what cruising will look like in the future. While subject to change, via the Cruise Lines International Association, we have confirmed that the previous restrictions were lifted in early April after cruise lines suspended service. Please know that every decision we make, and all of the fine-tuning we do, has your well-being in mind. We miss you – and can’t wait to welcome you back onboard.