#Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Advisory - 27 February
We are closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus, and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew.
To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO and other public health authorities around the world, we are implementing several global measures to protect guests and crew. These measures are intentionally conservative and apply to anyone boarding our ships, guests and crew alike. We apologize for the inconvenience created by these precautionary measures.
These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days and will be reviewed daily for revision as conditions warrant. Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:
1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:
- Any guest who has traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy, Veneto and Emilia-Romagna within 15 days of boarding.
- Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy, Veneto and Emilia-Romagna within 15 days of boarding. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.
- Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.
2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:
- Any guest who has traveled from, to or through Japan, Thailand, and Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) within 15 days of boarding.
- Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, and Italy within 15 days of boarding.
Guests presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screenings will be denied boarding. All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds.
The above measures will remain in effect until further notice and are subject to change at any time as we evaluate the situation and continue to consult with local health authorities as well as the WHO and US CDC. We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed. If you have specific questions, please contact your travel professional or our contact center at 833-292-2292.
For frequently asked questions and information regarding the Coronavirus, please visit the following websites: