#Coronavirus Travel Advisory - 11 February
We are closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus, and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew.
To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO and other public health authorities around the world, we are implementing several global measures to protect guests and crew. These measures are intentionally conservative and apply to anyone boarding our ships, guests and crew alike. We apologize for the inconvenience created by these precautionary measures.
Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Family of brands will adopt the following health screening protocols:
1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:
- Any guest who has traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days.
- Any guest who has come in contact with anyone from mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.
2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:
- Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau in the past 15 days.
- Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.
- Guests presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screenings will be denied boarding.
All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds.
We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help passengers and crew members who feel unwell while sailing. Our protocols include professional medical treatment; quarantine of unwell individuals from the general ship population; and intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures.
We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed. If you have specific questions, please contact your travel professional or our contact center at 833-292-2292.